Operational Facility Management (GM)
The main department Operational Facility Management (GM) as part of Facility Management is responsible for all infrastructural issues in and around real estate of KIT. These extensive tasks are performed by four technically subdivided departments
- Operational Facility Management 1 Mechanical and systems maintenance (GM1)
- Operational Facility Management 2 Technical building equipment maintenance (GM2)
- Operational Facility Management 3 Automation system and communications technology maintenance (GM3)
- Supply and Disposal Facilities (VEA)
- Maintenance and preventive maintenance regarding all technical aspects.
- Repair and restoration of technical systems in case of loss, damage or other errors.
- Operation of the newly constructed or remodeled buildings after handover from the department of Property Management (IM) or the Landesbetrieb Vermögen und Bau Baden-Württemberg (VBA)
- Contribution to new constructions or renovations – coordination between construction and operation.
- Control and update of legal requirements for technical equipment.
- Development of strategies regarding building monitoring and building life-cycle in order to improve sustainability and efficiency as a basis for further projects.
Building: 0544, Room: 226
Phone: +49 721 608-29021
E-Mail: mathias schimpgen∂ kit edu